Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Romantic Roses

White roses are absolutely the most romantic flower to me.  I love all roses, but there is just something about the white ones that I adore.

Last Friday, I bought some on the way home from work and then realized that I would be gone most of Saturday and all of Sunday so I would not get to enjoy them in their peak.  I just put them in a half gallon Ball jar quickly after deciding these roses would be dried so I could enjoy them for much longer.

 
But they looked a little lonely.
 
 
Ah, that's more like it.  Croissants on a pedestal and a white pumpkin.
 
 
Some of my favorite things.
 
 
Even a single rose, ahhhh!
 
 
Can't you just smell them -- so sweet!
 
 
Just a few days later, they are all dried and still lovely!
 
 
A little moonlight, roses and music.
 
 
Romantic music. This is a music magazine from 1943 called The Prelude.
Can you read the title?  Romance From Les Preludes.
 
 
Relax.
 
 
Take time to smell the roses!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
xoxoXOXOxoxo
 
Lois
 
 
 
 
Joining these partied:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
 
 

2 comments:

Botanic Bleu said...

The white roses dried beautifully. What a great pairing...white roses and vintage sheet music.

Lorinda said...

They do look pretty. I can almost smell them. Mom loved roses and always had a rose garden. I think my favorite flowers are hollyhocks or hibiscus and I go for bright colors, of course. Unfortunately here the deer also love hollyhocks.
That reminds me of yet another unfinished project involving deer and hollyhocks, oh my.